Do you wonder why you are struggling to loose excess weight and shift stubborn abdominal fat. Studies have shown us that hormones hold the key to weight loss. Ghrelin and leptin in particular are hormones that hold the key to your appetite and weight loss. They signal hunger and fullness. If these hormones are out of balance, your ability to lose weight is nearly impossible because it is very difficult to fight a strong urge to eat….so stop beating yourself up about it and take control of resetting your hormonal switches.
Ghrelin is the hormone responsible for making us hungry when it is high if we can lower it we can reduce hunger pangs and cravings.
Leptin is the hormone that signals your body that you’ve had enough to eat and helps in optimizing weight loss.
Some of the key factors in resetting your endocrine function for weight loss include these tips :
- Multiple small, more frequent meals throughout the day ( i.e. six with 3 of these being small meals and 3 being snacks to key blood sugar balanced).
- Introduce omega-3 fatty acids into your diet (from oily fish such as salmon and sardines, nuts, flax seeds, omega rich eggs and seeds).
- Moderate-to-low omega-6 fatty acids (such as in sunflower oil and vegetable oil).
- High omega-9 fatty acids (i.e. in extra-virgin olive oil, eggs)
- Lower simple sugars (such as refined sugar and foods with high sugar content and simple carbs such as bread, pasta, cereals etc).
- Higher protein levels in meals
- Higher dietary fiber (aim for 25g per day).
- Low processed foods (anything with a long list of ingredients, try to eat a clean unprocessed diet and reduce processed meats).
- No artificial sweeteners (any fat free diet foods and diet drinks , sweet and low, splenda etc all filled with nasty toxic aspartame which the body does not register as false sugar so it increases our craving and need for sugar which is the BIGGEST contributor to fatty tummy…say NO to zero!).
- Increase physical activity, even just a small amount each day to get the heart pumping and the body working smarter
- Reduce stress as this is a massive contributor to endocrine malfunction.
If you would like us to look at resetting your hormonal imbalances , we have much success using our range of therapies and nutritional expertise so for more information about how we can help you improve your health long term then please call us for a confidential chat and to book and appointment on 07531 191 688
If you like the blogs then please take a minute to like our Facebook page which will then ensure you get the feeds for our latest blogs and please also share our blogs and feeds with your facebook friends or anyone who you feel may benefit from our therapies too.
Many thanks for reading
Have an amazing day.
Be free…Be happy!
e mail : firstname.lastname@example.org