These Moringa Power Balls are amazing!!!!
I love making healthy alternatives to my favourite foods, and these Moringa power balls are just bursting with antioxidants. Moringa is great in smoothies and power balls. I make these Moringa power balls and keep in the freezer.
They are a great snack , the kids will love making them ( so easy !h and I use them when I am training as they have far more protein and energy than these overpriced commercial ( and artificial ) power drinks, snacks and protein powders (All of these are highly processed and protein powders are often heated to the point that the protein is denatured, which makes it nearly impossible for the body to use. They increase acidity and toxicity in the body, which can lead to inflammation and disease).
What is Moringa I hear you ask …..well this wonderful dried powder comes from the leaves of the Moringa tree which is prized in Ayurvedic medicine because it has so many health and healing properties ;
– naturally gives an energy high which is not sugar based.
– controls blood sugar ( good for diabetics ).
– it has the highest protein ratio of any plant so far identified.
– has 18 ( of the 20) amino acids he body needs.
– it is antiviral , anti inflammatory and antibacterial so supports immune function.
– lowers blood pressure.
– The Moringa tree purifies water , binds itself to toxins therefore detoxifies the body.
– binds itself to toxins.
– 7 x the vitamin C of oranges, 4 x the calcium of milk, 4 x the vitamin A of carrots, 3 x the potassium of bananas, and 2 x the protein of yogurt.
– over 90 other nutrients recorded to date.
– no adverse reactions ever recorded.
– good for auto immune conditions , diabetics, arthritis, ulcers, helps sleep, blood pressure , pain , inflammation ……have I sold you on Moringa yet !!!
200g dried fruit ( I use sultanas , untreated or dates )
200g nuts ( I use almonds or walnuts as I prefer the benefits these give ) soak in water for 4 hours and rinse to release the physic acid
2 tablespoons Moringa *
2 tablespoons raw cacao *
1/2 teaspoon Madagascan vanilla essence *
* these are to my taste but adjust to your own. I also enjoy adding peppermint essence but use the flavours you like or leave ” naked” as the cacao will add depth of flavour too.
Drain nuts and whizz up in a blender until well chopped.
Add the fruit , Moringa , cacao and essence and blend.
You make wish to add a little raw honey too , if so blend.
Roll into balls and pop into the freezer.
They will not freeze solid and can be eaten as a snack straight from the freezer.
Experiment and roll the balls in some desiccated coconut or dried goji berries to alter the taste and texture.
Serve + enjoy = That’s it!
If you like the blogs then please take a minute to like our Facebook page peaceofmindhealth which will then ensure you get the feeds for our latest blogs . Please also share our blogs and feeds with your facebook friends or anyone who you feel may benefit from our therapies too.
Many thanks for reading
Have an amazing day.
Be free…Be happy!